Fr. William T. Haviland – Diocese of Harrisburg
Assigned as follows:
- Queen of the Most Holy Rosary (Elysburg, PA)
- St. Francis Xavier (Gettysburg, PA)
- Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament (Harrisburg, PA)
- Bishop McDevitt High School (Harrisburg, PA)
- Geisinger Medical Center (Danville, PA)
- Assumption BVM (Lancaster, PA)
- Assumption BVM/Our Lady of Fatima (Lebanon, PA)
- Sacred Heart of Jesus (Lewisburg, PA)
- Annunciation BVM (McSherrystown, PA)
- Mother Cabrini/St. Edward the Confessor (Shamokin, PA)
- Holy Rosary Restoration Center (South Mountain, PA)
- Prince of Peace/St. Peter the Apostle (Steelton, PA)
- St. Joseph (York, PA)
Summary of Allegations against Fr. William Haviland:
Fr. William Haviland was not identified or discussed in the August 2018 grand jury report. His name appeared on the Diocese of Harrisburg’s list of accused priests, but, unfortunately, the information offered relating to the allegations is very limited.
According to the Diocese of Harrisburg’s list of accused priests, Haviland has been the subject of at least two allegations of abuse. Specifically, it stated, “[i]n life, Fr. Haviland was accused of sexual abuse of a child. After his death, in another accusation, Fr. Haviland was accused of sexual abuse of a child by the survivor.” No additional details were offered regarding the gender or ages of the victims, when the reports were made, or the context/details of the abuse.
Haviland died in 2017.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims of sexual abuse in the Diocese of Harrisburg and throughout Pennsylvania. The Diocese of Harrisburg filed for federal bankruptcy protection in February 2020. Anyone sexually abused by a priest or employee of the Diocese of Harrisburg may be entitled to file a claim against the Diocese in these bankruptcy proceedings, but very strict filing deadlines apply. Most victims of abuse in the Diocese of Harrisburg will never be able to take action against the Diocese of Harrisburg if they miss this bankruptcy filing deadline, so it is important that you contact us immediately to discuss your potential case.