Monsignor Charles Heid
Diocese of Scranton
Assigned as follows:
- 1936-1938: St. Mary of the Mount (Mt. Pocono, PA)
- 1938-1940: St. Mary of the Assumption (Scranton, PA)
- 1940-1944: St. Peter’s Cathedral (Scranton, PA)
- 1944-1951: St. Catherine (Moscow, PA)
- 1948-1954: Scranton Catholic Youth Center
- 1951: St. Ann (Tobyhanna, PA)
- 1953-1974: Our Lady of the Snows (Clarks Summit, PA)
- 1974-1991: St. Mary of Mount Carmel (Dunmore, PA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Msgr. Charles Heid:
Msgr. Charles Heid was ordained to the priesthood in 1936. He served in multiple parishes in the Diocese of Scranton. According to media reports, Monsignor Heid was not identified or discussed in the 2018 PA Grand Jury report, but the priest’s name did appear on the August 2018 list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse published by the Diocese of Scranton. Unfortunately, no information was provided as to the gender/age of the victim(s) nor the date(s) the abuse is alleged to have occurred. However, it does mean that the allegation(s) was found to be credible by the Diocese of Scranton’s internal Review Board.
Msgr. Heid died in 1991 as a priest in good standing.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Scranton. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Scranton may have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Pennsylvania and nationwide. We can help.