Father Robert Bogan
Diocese of Syracuse
Assigned as follows:
- 1958 St. Patrick’s Church (Clayville, NY)
- 1958 – 1963 Most Holy Rosary Church (Syracuse, NY)
- 1958 – 1963 Onondaga County Children’s Court (Syracuse, NY)
- 1963 – 1974 Catholic Central High School (Binghamton, NY)
- 1974 – 1986 St. Patrick’s Church (Whitney Point, NY)
- 1986 – 1998 St. Mary of Assumption Church (Binghamton, NY)
- 1998 – 2000 Church of the Annunciation (Clark Mills, NY)
- 1998 – 2000 St. Christopher’s Church (Binghamton, NY)
- 2000 – 2002 St. Francis de Sales Church (Utica, NY)
- 2002 – 2010 Church of the Annunciation (Clinton, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Robert Bogan:
Father Robert Bogan’s name appeared on the Diocese of Syracuse’s list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of minors, published in December 2018. The Diocese released almost no information on the allegations against each priest, including age/gender of the victims, or the priest’s assignment at the time of the alleged abuse.
According to the Diocese of Syracuse, Bogan retired in July 2010. He died in December 2011. He is among 20 priests who were dead at the time an allegation of abuse was reported and faced no claims while alive, according to the Diocese.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Syracuse in New York. The Diocese of Syracuse filed for federal bankruptcy protection in June 2020. Anyone sexually abused by a priest or employee of the Diocese of Syracuse may be entitled to file a claim against the Diocese in these bankruptcy proceedings, but very strict filing deadlines apply. Most victims of abuse in the Diocese of Syracuse will never be able to take any legal action if they miss this bankruptcy filing deadline, so it is important that you contact us immediately to discuss your potential case. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.