Father John Beatty
Diocese of San Bernardino
Assigned as follows:
- 1951-1954: Cathedral Boys’ High School (Springfield, IL)
- 1955: Spalding Institute (Peoria, IL)
- 1956-1961: St. Patrick’s (Kankakee, IL)
- 1962: St. Martin’s (Martinton, IL)
- 1963-1965: Alleman High School (Rock Island, IL)
- 1963-1965: Blessed Sacrament (San Diego, CA)
- 1966-1968: Marian Catholic High School (Imperial Beach, CA)
- 1968-1970: St. Pius X (Chula Vista, CA)
- 1970-1972: Our Lady of Guadalupe (San Bernardino, CA)
- 1973: Mercy Hospital (University Hospital San Diego, CA)
- 1973-1976: St. John of the Cross (Lemon Grove, CA)
- 1977-1980: St. Columba (San Diego, CA)
- 1980: Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (San Ysidro)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father John Beatty:
Fr. John Beatty was ordained a priest of the Clerics of St. Victor. For more than thirty years, he worked in various dioceses in Illinois, Florida, and California. According to media reports, he worked in the Diocese of Peoria until 1963, when he transferred to San Diego. His name first appeared publicly on the Diocese of San Diego’s list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of minors in September 2018. He was also included on the Diocese of Joliet list in 2021.
Beatty retired in January 1985 and died in July 1997.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Bernardino. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in San Bernardino, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Bernardino now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.