Father John J.C. Feeney
Diocese of Orange
Assigned as follows:
- 1956-1957 Holy Trinity (San Pedro, CA)
- 1958-1961 St. Pius V (Buena Park, CA)
- 1962-1965 Holy Family (rtesia, CA)
- 1966 Our Lady of Grace (Encino, CA)
- 1967-1968 Chaplin U.S. Army
- 1969 On Duty Outside The Diocese
- 1970-1971 St. Genevieve’s (Van Nuys, CA)
- 1972-1973 St. Helen’s (South Gate, CA)
- 1974-1983 Our Lady of the Valley Church (Canoga Park, CA)
- 1984 Unknown
- 1985-1987 Nazareth House (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1988-1989 Saints Felicitas and Perpetua Church (San Marino, CA)
- 1990-1993 Annunciation Church (Arcadia, CA)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father John J.C. Feeney:
Father John J.C. Feeney was ordained to the priesthood in 1955, and served in the Diocese of Orange. According to media reports, in 2013, he was listed by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles as an incardinated priest accused of child sex abuse in its Final Addendum of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors posted on its website.
The Final Addendum lists 49 “names of clergy from a follow up review of Archdiocesan files, and names of clergy involved in Clergy I litigation which were not previously posted.” The Los Angeles Times reports that the 24 names were disclosed in a report posted on the archdiocese’s website in January 2013 along with 12,000 pages of internal records detailing how the church dealt with abuse claims.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Orange in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Orange now have legal options due to a temporary change in California law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.