Monsignor Donald Doxie
Diocese of San Bernardino
Assigned as follows:
- 1953: St. Margaret (Chino, CA)
- 1954-1955: Pontifical Society for the Propagation of the Faith, Home Missions, Holy Childhood Association)
- 1954: Our Lady of Perpetual Help (Lakeside, CA)
- 1955: Our Lady of Rosary (San Diego, CA)
- 1956-1957: St. Joseph Cathedral (San Diego, CA)
- 1957: Priests’ Relief Society; San Diego College for Men (San Diego, CA)
- 1958-1961: On Duty Outside Diocese (U.S. Navy)
- 1962-1968: Vice-Chancellor and Bishops Secretary
- 1963-1976: Diocesan Consultors
- 1964-1965: Priests Relief Society
- 1964-1974: Priests’ Eucharistic League
- 1965-1968: Administrative Council
- 1965-1971: Liturgical Commission
- 1967-1976: Defensor Vinculi
- 1969-1976: St. Brigid (San Diego, CA)
- 1974-1976: Episcopal Vicars; Vicars Forane
- 1976: Stewardship
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Donald Doxie:
Msgr. Donald F. Doxie worked in multiple parishes in the Diocese of San Diego. He held multiple roles including secretary to Bishop Charles F. Buddy, as a Navy chaplain, and as the Vice-Chancellor. Doxie also worked at St. Margaret in Chino, California, which became a parish of the Diocese of San Bernardino after it was established in 1978.
According to media reports, in December 2003, a lawsuit was filed alleging that he sexually abused a 15-year old boy from 1969 to 1972 while serving at St. Brigid in San Diego, CA. The Diocese of San Diego stated this was the only allegation made against him.
Doxie was included in the Diocese of San Diego’s list of clergy credibly accused of the sexual abuse of a minor. His personnel file was released in October 2010.
Doxie died in November 1976.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Bernardino. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in San Bernardino, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Bernardino now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.