Father Edward C. Brennan
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1964-1974: Good Shepherd (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1975-1979: St. Fortuna (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1980-1981: Special Assignment: St. Francis Preparatory High School (Queens, NY); In residence: The Incarnation (Queens, NY)
- 1982: Good Shepherd (Brooklyn, NY); The Incarnation (Queens, NY)
- 1983-1985: Good Shepherd (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1986-1994: St. Luke’s (Queens, NY)
- 1995-1999: Unknown
- 2000: Immaculate Conception Center (Douglaston, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Edward C Brennan:
According to media reports, in February 1999, Fr. Edward C Brennan was reportedly placed on restriction. He was one of 12 priests named in a civil lawsuit filed in 2002 alleging the sexual abuse of an 11-year-old girl while he served at Good Shepherd in Marine Park, New York.
In October 2003, Brennan was again named in a civil lawsuit filed alleging sexual abuse of two minor sisters while he served at Good Shepherd in Marine Park, New York. One victim was allegedly abused from 1965 to 1969 and the other from 1967 to 1974. The girls were ages 9 and 7 when the alleged abuse began. According to the lawsuit, it occurred in the priest’s room at the rectory, in the sacristy, at his weekend retreat home, at a gym, on a school bus, and at a bowling alley.
In February 2019, Brennan’s name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Brooklyn’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors.
Brennan died in January 2000.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.