Father Eugene A. Connolly
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- St. Gabriel’s (Brooklyn, NY)
- Our Lady of Angels (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1968-1969: St. Agnes’ (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1970-1976: On Duty Outside the Diocese (BRK); Diocesan Mission Apostolate, Paraguay
- 1977: On Duty Outside the Diocese (BRK); Diocesan Mission Apostolate, Diocese Coronel Oviedo, Paraguay
- 1978-1983: Assigned to Diocesan Mission Apostolate (BRK); (Coronel Oviedo, Paraguay)
- 1984-1989: Special Assignment (BRK); (Coronel Oviedo, Paraguay)
- 1990-1991: Released from Diocesan Assignment
- 1992-1994: Holy Family (Brooklyn, NY)
- 2007 Sacred Heart (Brooklyn, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Eugene A Connolly:
Fr. Eugene A Connolly served in the Diocese of Brooklyn for thirty-seven years. According to media reports, in February 2019, his name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Brooklyn’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors.
Connolly was removed from ministry in November 2004. His whereabouts, status as a priest, and whether he had access to children from approximately 1995 until 2006 and from 2008 until his death are unknown.
Connolly died in December 2017.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.