Father James Gotimer
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1954-1963: Most Holy Trinity (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1964-1969: Cathedral Preparatory Seminary of the Immaculate Conception (Elmhurst, NY)
- 1970-1974: Bishop Reilly High School (Fresh Meadows, NY)
- 1975: St. Adalbert Church (Elmhurst, NY)
- 1975-1998: St. Bartholomew (Elmhurst, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father James Gotimer:
According to media reports, in February 2019, Fr. James Gotimer’s name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Brooklyn’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. The details of the allegations, including the information about the age/gender of his alleged victim/victims, the nature of the alleged sexual abuse, or Gotimer’s assignments at the time of the alleged abuse is unknown.
Gotimer retired in 2000 and died in November 2013.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.