Father Walter Miller
Diocese of Burlington
Assigned as follows:
- 1961-1962 St. Joseph (Burlington, VT)
- 1962-1966 St. Charles (Bellows Falls, VT)
- 1966 St. Mark (Burlington, VT)
- 1966-1968 Sacred Heart (Roslindale, MA)
- 1968-1971 Secretary/Master of Ceremonies to the Archbishop of Puerto Rico
- 1972-1974 Studies in Church Law (Rome, Italy)
- 1974-1976 Tribunal Office (Burlington, VT) residence at St. Catherine (Shelburne, VT)
- 1977-1978 St. Anthony (Burlington, VT)
- 1978-1979 Diocesan Tribunal and Master of Ceremony, St. Joseph Home for the Aged (Burlington, VT)
- 1979-1984 Continuing both jobs, but moved to St. Joseph Church rectory,
- 1984-1986 Cathedral (Burlington, VT)
- 1986-1997 St. Jude (Hinesburg, VT)
- 1998-2000 Diocesan Consulter, Chancellor, Diocese of Burlington
- 2000 Judicial Vicar (Burlington, VT)
- 2001-2004 Chancellor (Burlington, VT)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Walter Miller:
Father Walter Miller served in Vermont parishes for approximately 35 years, and held prominent positions in the diocese. According to media reports, in December 2004, he retired and resigned from several posts including Chancellor, Secretary to Bishop, Judicial Vicar. In January 2005, Bishop Kenneth A. Angell revoked his public priestly faculties. He died in 2014.
In August 2019, his name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Burlington’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Burlington. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Burlington, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Burlington now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.