Father Edward Gelineau
Diocese of Burlington
Assigned as follows:
- 1942-1945 Immaculate Heart of Mary (Rutland, VT)
- 1945 Our Lady of Seven Dolors (Fair Haven, VT)
- 1945-1950 St. Francis Xavier (Winooski, VT)
- 1950-1957 Our Lady of the Lake (St. Albans, VT)
- 1957-1966 Vermont Catholic Charities (Burlington, VT)
- 1966-1976 Christ the King (Burlington, VT)
- 1976-1990 Our Lady of Mount Carmel (Charlotte, VT)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Edward Gelineau:
According to media reports, Father Edward Gelineau served in Vermont for approximately 48 years. He retired in 1990, and died in 2010 at age 95.
In August 2019, Father Gelineau‘s name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Burlington’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Burlington. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Burlington, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Burlington now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.