Father Edward J. McNicholas
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1955-1961: Our Lady of Lourdes (Queens Village, NY)
- 1962-1978: US Air Force
- 1979: Temporarily Unassigned (Woodhaven, NY)
- 1980-1981: Christ the King (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1983-1986: Released From Diocesan Assignment (Rockaway Beach, NY)
- 1987-1991: Released From Diocesan Assignment (Port Richey, FL)
- 1992-1996: Released From Diocesan Assignment (Clearwater, FL)
- 1997-1998: Released From Diocesan Assignment; Bishop Mugavero Residence (Little Neck, NY)
- 1999-2003: Bishop Mugavero Residence (Little Neck, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Edward J McNicholas:
According to media reports, in May 1994, Fr. Edward J McNicholas was permanently removed from the ministry. He served as an Air Force chaplain and was named in a Military Privilege Log produced in the Peebles Case in Dallas, which referenced a 1994 investigation.
In February 2019, McNicholas’ name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Brooklyn’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors.
McNicholas retired in 1991 and died in August 2003.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.