Father Thomas F. Kelly
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1942-1954: Holy Name of Mary (Valley Stream, NY)
- 1955-1964: St. Saviour’s (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1965-1970: St. Catherine of Alexandria (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1971-1987: Guardian Angel (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1988-1995: Retired; Guardian Angel (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1996-1997: Retired; (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1998-2007: Retired; Our Lady of Angels (Brooklyn, NY)
- 2008: Retired; The Savoy (Little Neck, NY)
- 2009-2011: Retired; Van Dyk Manor (Montclair, NJ)
Summary of Abuse Allegations Against Father Thomas F Kelly:
According to media reports, in February 2019, Fr. Thomas F Kelly was named publicly on the Diocese of Brooklyn’s list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of minors. The details of the allegations, including the information about the age/gender of his alleged victim/victims, the nature of the alleged sexual abuse, or Kelly’s assignments at the time of the alleged abuse, is unknown.
Kelly retired in 1988 and died in January 2011.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.