Father Vincent Gallo
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1961-1968: Blessed Virgin Mary, Help of Christians (Woodside, NY)
- 1969-1970: St. Mary Magdalene (Springfield Gardens, NY)
- 1971-1977: Our Lady of Good Counsel (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1976-1977: Diocesan Priests’ Senate (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1978: Special Assignment
- 1979: Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary and St. Stephen’s (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1980-1981: St. Vincent Ferrer (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1982-1990: Blessed Sacrament (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1991-2000: St. Bernard’s (Brooklyn, NY)
- 2001-2010: St. Pancras (Glendale, NY)
- 2010-2017: Retired (Breezy Point, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Vincent Gallo:
According to media reports, in October 2003, Fr. Vincent Gallo was one of 24 priests named in a lawsuit brought by 27 victims alleging child sexual abuse. One plaintiff said he abused him when he was a 14-year-old boy in 1966 at Our Lady of Good Counsel in Bushwick, New York. According to the complaint, the boy claimed that Gallo asked him to bring sexually explicit pictures to confession, then watched as the boy masturbated. At the time of the suit, Gallo was the only priest of the 24 who had an active assignment as pastor of St. Pancras in Glendale. He denied the allegations.
In March 2004, the Diocese of Brooklyn announced the review board found the allegations against Gallo were unsubstantiated, as he was not serving at Our Lady of Good Counsel in Bushwick when the alleged abuse occurred. He was permitted to continue in ministry. He retired seven years later in 2010.
In February 2019, Gallo’s name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Brooklyn’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. It noted that he was permanently removed from ministry in June 2018. His current whereabouts are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.