Monsignor Joseph Lahey
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1949-1960: St. Mark’s (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1961-1964: St. Joseph’s (Long Island City, NY)
- 1965: Diocesan Offices and Directors, NY World’s Fair (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1965-1972: Church of the Sacred Heart (East Glendale, NY)
- 1967-1975: Diocesan Offices and Directors, Propagation of the Faith (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1973-1997: St. Patrick’s (Brooklyn, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Monsignor Joseph Lahey:
According to media reports, in February 2019, Msgr. Joseph Lahey’s name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Brooklyn’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. The details of the allegations, including the information about the age/gender of his alleged victim/victims, the nature of the alleged sexual abuse, or Lahey’s assignments at the time of the alleged abuse is unknown.
Lahey died in March 1997.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.