Father Anthony J. Paone
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1939-1942: St. Peter’s Preparatory School (Newark, NJ)
- 1946: College of the Sacred Heart (Woodstock, MD)
- 1947: St. Stanislaus Novitiate (Cleveland, OH)
- 1948-1974: Brooklyn Preparatory School (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1973-1975: Cathedral College of the Immaculate Conception (Douglaston, NY)
- 1976-1981: Jogues Retreat (Cornwall, NY)
- 1988-1990: Jesuit Community at Fordham University (New York, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Anthony J Paone:
Fr. Anthony J Paone was ordained a Jesuit priest in 1945. According to media reports, in 2002, he was accused of sexually abusing a minor in approximately 1953 while he served at Brooklyn Preparatory School. After an investigation, the allegation was deemed to be credible.
In January 2019, Paone’s name was included on the Jesuit’s Northeast Province’s list of “USA Northeast Province Jesuits with Credible Allegations of Sexual Abuse of a Minor.”
Paone died in December 1990.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.