Father Arthur Falvey
Diocese of Sacramento/Jesuit Order
- 1930-1931: Weston College (Weston, MA)
- 1932: Bellarmine College Prep (San Jose, CA)
- 1933: Manresa Hall (Port Townsend, WA)
- 1934-1940: Loyola High School (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1941-1948: Loyola University (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1949-1955: University of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- 1956-1961: Ignatius (Sacramento, CA)
- 1962-1964: University of Santa Clara (Santa Clara, CA)
- 1965: Jesuit High School (Sacramento, CA)
- 1966: Gall (Gardnerville, NV)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Arthur Falvey:
Putting a new spin on the term brotherly love, in 2009, Fr. Arthur Falvey was accused of raping a then seven-year-old boy repeatedly over a four-year period, beginning in 1954 while assigned to St. Ignatius in Sacramento, CA.
According to media reports, the victim was diagnosed with polio, and then he turned to Falvey for guidance. Nearly 50 years after Falvey’s death, the Jesuit Religious Order paid the survivor $100,000 to settle. Ironically, Falvey’s brother Mark was also accused of abusing at least ten children as well.
Falvey died in 1966 while living in Nevada. No information was released whether anyone knew of assault while he was alive, but it was standard practice at that time to cover it up.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Sacramento in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Sacramento now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.