Father Cornelius K. Murphy (Jesuit Priest)
Diocese of Albany
Assigned as follows:
- 1945-1946: Alma College (Alma, CA)
- 1946-1947: Our Lady of Martyrs (Auriesville, NY)
- 1947-1956: St. Joseph’s Catholic Church (Nome, AK)
- 1956-1965: Immaculate Conception Church (Fairbanks, AK)
- 1965-1973: St. Joseph’s Catholic Church (Nome, AK)
- 1965-1980: Family Life Office (Fairbanks, AK)
- 1971-1973: Tribunal (Fairbanks, AK)
- 1974-1978: Bishop’s Council (Fairbanks, AK)
- 1967-1982: Immaculate Conception Church (Fairbanks, AK)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Cornelius K. Murphy:
Cornelius Murphy was a Jesuit priest who was ordained in 1945. He spent most of his career in Alaska, with two short periods in New York and California.
Documents released as a part of the Diocese of Fairbanks’ bankruptcy had Cornelius Murphy on a list of “Individuals against whom one person has brought a complaint of sexual abuse.” The details of the abuse claim and the timeframe of the alleged abuse have never been publicly released.
Murphy died in 1982 while serving at Immaculate Conception Church in Fairbanks, Alaska.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in New York, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Contact us at 888-283-9922 or at [email protected].