Fr. Edward C. Pratt
Diocese of Albany
Assigned as follows:
- 1973-1975 St. Mary’s (Glen Falls, NY)
- 1973-1974 Adirondack Community College (Glens Falls, NY)
- 1974-1975 Family Life Bureau (Glens Falls, NY)
- 1975-1976 Vincentian Institute (Albany, NY)
- 1977-1978 Immaculate Heart of Mary (Hudson Falls, NY)
- 1977-1979 St. Mary’s (Glens Falls, NY)
- 1979-1980 Immaculate Conception (Glenville, NY)
- 1980-1987 Saint Catherine’s Center for Children (Albany, NY)
- 1980-1983 Vice-Chancellor (Albany, NY)
- 1980-1983 Priests Pension Board (Albany, NY)
- 1983-1985 Diocesan Consultors (Albany, NY)
- 1984-1991 Priests Retirement Board (Albany, NY)
- 1990-1992 Immaculate Heart of Mary (Hudson Falls, NY)
- 1993-1997 St. Mary’s/ St. Paul’s, The Roman Catholic Community of Hudson Falls/ Kingsbury (Hudson Falls, NY)
- 1998-2002 Corpus Christi (Ushers, NY)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Fr. Edward C Pratt:
In late June of 2002, six priests were removed from active ministry by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany. The church leaders said all of the six priests had sexually abused minors at least once in the time they were a part of the diocese. Father Edward Pratt was one of those listed, along with being named in a separate lawsuit against Bishop Howard Hubbard. The charges were never pursued due to the statute of limitations expiring in New York.
The allegations were found to be credible, and Pratt was removed from active ministry in 2002.
Since then, another victim has come forward claiming that Pratt abused him and another boy for years, starting at the Saint Catherine’s Center for Children in Albany. The victim also claimed that he tried to reach out years before, but Hubbard told the boy if he were to tell anyone else, he would be arrested.
The current whereabouts of Pratt are unknown, and the most recent case was filed against him this June of 2019. His name also appeared on the list of “Clergy Credibly Accused While Serving in the Diocese of Albany,” which was released in November of 2018.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in New York, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Contact us at 888-283-9922 or at [email protected].