Father Henry J. Rancourt
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1959-1974: Notre Dame High School for Boys (Harper Woods, MI)
- 1975-1979: Chanel High School (Bedford, OH)
- 1980: Marist Fathers Provincial House (Foster Home) (Newton, MA)
- 1981-1982: Marist Fathers Provincial House (Foster Home) (Chestnut Hill, MA)
- 1983-1984: Marist Fathers Provincial House (Haitian Apostolate) (Chestnut Hill, MA)
- 1983-1984: Our Lady of Refuge (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1985-1987: St. Francis of Assisi-St. Blaise (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1988: The Marist House (Framingham Centre, MA)
- 1989-1993: St. Angela (Boston, MA)
- 1994: Haitian Apostolate (Boston, MA); Our Lady of Pity, Notre Dame de Pitie (Cambridge, MA)
- 1995-2011: The Marist House (Framingham Centre, MA)
- 2015: Our Lady of Lourdes Center (Boston, MA)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Henry J Rancourt:
Fr. Henry J Rancourt was ordained a priest of the Marist Fathers. He served 23 years in education, 6 as a foster parent, 11 in Haitian ministry, and 8 in preaching missions. He also served in parishes and schools in Michigan, New York, and Ohio. According to media reports, in 1992, he was accused of “kissing and molesting Haitian boys” while serving at St. Angela in Boston, Massachusetts. In April 2012, he was one of twelve priests named in sexual abuse settlements with the Archdiocese of Boston.
Rancourt’s current whereabouts are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.