Fr. John Phillips
Diocese of Albany
Assigned as follows:
- 1954-1957: St. Mary’s Church (Clinton Heights, NY)
- 1958-1965: Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception (Albany, NY)
- 1966-1967: St. Mary’s Church (Ballston Spa, NY)
- 1968-1969: St. Francis de Sales (Troy, NY)
- 1970-1972: The Parish of St. John the Evangelist (Rensselaer, NY)
- 1973-1974: St. Anne’s Church (Waterford, NY)
- 1974-1977: St. John the Baptist’s (Schenectady, NY)
- 1978-1986: St. Thomas the Apostle (Mount Pleasant, NY)
- 1987-1995: St. Brigid’s (Watervliet, NY)
- 1996-1997: St. Joseph (Green Island, NY)
- 1997-1998: St. Bernard (Cohoes, NY)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father John Phillips:
On November 30th, 2018 The Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany released a list of names that contained clergy members who had been removed from ministry due to credible evidence of sexual misconduct with minors. One name on the list that had appeared for the first time in any abuse allegations was Fr. John Phillips. The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including the timeframe or location of the alleged abuse, were not listed. The number of victims who have come forward was also not listed.
It was recorded that Phillips retired in 1999, and died shortly thereafter in 2001.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in New York, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Contact us at 888-283-9922 or at [email protected].