Fr. Joseph F. Fitzpatrick
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1958-1962: Loyola School (New York, NY)
- 1966-1967: Woodstock College (Woodstock, MD)
- 1968-1969: St. Peter’s Prep (Jersey City, NJ)
- 1970-1978: Brooklyn Prep (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1971-1983: St. Mary’s (Manhasset, NY)
- 1984-1997: St. Mary (Marlboro, NY)
- 1988-1997: Holy Rosary (Greenwood Lake, NY)
- 1997-2002: St. Anastasia (Newton Square, PA)
- 2003-2012: Merray-Weigel Hall (New York, NY)
- 2013-2019: Unknown
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Joseph F Fitzpatrick:
Fr. Joseph F Fitzpatrick worked as a Jesuit priest in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. According to media reports, in January 2019, his name appeared in the Northeast Province Jesuits list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. In 2021, Fitzpatrick was named on the Rockville Centre diocese’s list of accused
It noted a report received in 1999 of child sexual abuse in the 1980s. After a 2002 investigation into the allegations, he was permanently removed from the ministry. That same year, he was labeled as “impeded from acting as a priest” by the Jesuit order.
In August 2019, Fitzpatrick was accused in a lawsuit filed under the NY Child Victims Act, of sexually abusing a 10-year old altar server at St. Mary’s in Manhasset from 1982 to 1983.
Fitzpatrick’s current whereabouts are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.