Father Robert S. Shinos
Diocese of Albany
Place on Leave: 2004
Assigned as follows:
- 1964-1965: St. Joseph’s (Herkimer, NY)
- 1966-1967: St. Bernard’s (Cohoes, NY)
- 1968-1972: Mercy High School for Girls (Albany, NY)
- 1973-1977: St. Patrick’s (Watervliet, NY)
- 1982-1983: St. Joseph (Bound Brook, NJ)
- 1984: Our Lady of Lourdes (Whitehouse Station, NJ)
- 1978-1993: St. Joseph’s (Herkimer, NY)
- 1994-2004: St. Anthony-St. Joseph (Herkimer, NY)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Robert S Shinos:
In 2004, The Diocese of Albany’s own Review Board found accusations credible against Fr. Robert Shinos over the sexual abuse of a boy in the 1960s in Albany. The victim filed a civil suit against the Albany Diocese and the Boston Archdiocese, claiming that Shinos and at least two other priests had abused him while he was growing up.
Due to the accusations being found credible, Shinos was placed on Leave in 2004.
His name has most recently appeared on the list of “Clergy Credibly Accused While Serving in the Diocese of Albany,” which was released in November of 2018.
Shinos whereabouts since being removed from the ministry were unknown. He died on January 4th, 2019.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in New York, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Contact us at 888-283-9922 or at [email protected].