Father Thomas Denny
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1964-1965: Brooklyn Preparatory School (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1966-1968: Unknown 1986-1992 St. Peter’s Preparatory School (Jersey City, NJ)
- 1969: Fordham University Murray-Weigel Hall (Bronx, NY)
- 1970: Nativity, New York, NY; Xavier High School (New York, NY)
- 1971-1975: Xavier High School (New York, NY)
- 1976-1977: Fordham Preparatory School (Bronx, NY)
- 1978: Jesuit Community at Fordham University (Bronx, NY)
- 1978-1979: McQuaid Jesuit High School (Rochester, NY)
- 1980-1981: Jesuit Provincial’s Office (New York, NY)
- 1981-1986: San Ignacio de Loyola (Rio Piedras, P.R.)
- 1993-1995: Canisius High School (Buffalo, NY)
- 1995-1997: St. Peter’s Preparatory School (Jersey City, NJ)
- 1998-1999: St. Francis Outstation (Lagos, Nigeria)
- 1998-2000: Foreign Missions (Philippines)
- 2000-2012: St. Ignatius Loyola Residence (New York, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Thomas Denny:
Fr. Thomas Denny was ordained a Jesuit priest in 1932. According to media reports, he was permanently removed from ministry in 2002 after being accused that year and in 2012 of the sexual abuse of minors in the 1960s and 1970s.
In January 2019, his name was included on the Jesuit’s Northeast Province’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. According to the Jesuits, he is believed to be living at a Jesuit residence in Manhattan, New York.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.