Monsignor Robert M. Harris
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1960-1962: St. Anthony of Padua (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1963-1964: Priests in Graduate Studies for Catholic Charities
- 1963-1968: Blessed Sacrament (Jackson Heights, NY)
- 1965-1966: Catholic Youth Organization
- 1967-1982: St. Vincent’s Hall, Inc.
- 1983-1990: Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament (Queens, NY)
- 1983-2013: St. Vincent’s Services, Inc. (formerly St. Vincent’s Hall, Inc.)
- 1992-1997: Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament (Queens, NY)
- 2014: Released from Diocesan Assignment
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Monsignor Robert M Harris:
Msgr. Robert M Harris was affiliated with the Department of Juvenile Justice for New York City since 1992. He was also reportedly President and CEO of St. Vincent’s Services, Inc. for at least ten years. According to media reports, in 2019, a lawsuit was filed alleging that Harris sexually abused a minor boy from 1978 through 1983 at St. Vincent’s Home for Boys. It is believed Harris is currently living on Long Island. His status as a priest and whether he has access to children are unknown.
Harris retired in 2015.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.