Brother Finnian Magee
Archdiocese of New York
Assigned as follows:
- 1955-1956: St. Leonard’s High School (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1956-1957: Our Lady of Good Counsel (Inwood, NY)
- 1957: St. Francis Xavier (New York, NY)
- 1957-1963: St. Aidan (Williston Park, NY)
- 1964-1966: Our Lady of Good Counsel (Inwood, NY)
- 1966-1969: Notre Dame (New Hyde Park, NY)
- 1969-1970: St. Aidan (Williston Park, NY)
- 1970-1971: St. Brigid (New York, NY)
- 1971-1981: St. Joseph’s (Babylon, NY)
- 1981-1982: St. Mary Star of the Sea (New York, NY)
- 1982-1993: St. Anthony High School (Long Island, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Brother Finnian Magee:
Br. Finnian Magee was a member of the Franciscan order in which he joined in 1953. According to media reports, in April 2003, he was accused of groping and rubbing against a 12-year-old boy in the early 1970s at St. Joseph’s Parish school in Babylon, New York. He was the boy’s sixth-grade homeroom teacher and allegedly molested the boy in the classroom and his private school office.
In 2021, Magee was included in the Diocese of Rockville Centre list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of a minor. Magee died in 1993.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in New York State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of New York now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.