Father Joseph Fitzgerald
Archdiocese of New York
- 1930-1931: St. Peter’s (Yonkers, NY)
- 1932: St. James (Manhattan, NY)
- 1933-1935: Sacred Heart (Barrytown, NY)
- 1936: St. John the Evangelist (Pawling, NY)
- 1937: St. Christopher’s (Montrose, NY)
- 1938: Assumption (Richmond, NY)
- 1942: St. Theresa (Briarcliff Manor, NY)
- 1943-1949: St. John Chrysostom (Bronx, NY)
- 1950-1953: St. Sylvester, Concord (Staten Island, NY)
- 1954-1962: St. Paul the Apostle (Yonkers, NY)
- 1963-1971: Sick Leave (NY)
- 1972-1975: Retired
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Joseph Fitzgerald:
Fr. Joseph Fitzgerald is listed on the Archdiocese of New York’s 2019 List of Archdiocesan Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor or the Subject of Eligible IRCP Compensation Claims.
The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including the information about the age/gender of his alleged victim/victims, the nature of the alleged sexual abuse, or Fitzgerald’s assignments at the time of the alleged abuse is unknown. Fitzgerald died in 1977, two years after retirement.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in New York State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of New York now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.