Father Robert J. Brennan
Archdiocese of New York
- 1950-1953: St. Mary, Poughkeepsie (New York, NY)
- 1954-1956: St. Matthew (Hastings-on-the-Hudson, NY)
- 1957-1958: Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (Elmsford, NY)
- 1958-1963: Guardian Angel (New York, NY)
- 1964-1969: Our Lady of the Rosary (New York, NY)
- 1970-1971: St. Margaret’s (Bronx, NY)
- 1971-1975: St. Joseph’s (Yonkers, NY)
- 1976-1978: St. Christopher (Staten Island, NY)
- 1979-1982: St. Joseph’s Church (Spring Valley, NY)
- 1983-1988: Assumption Church (Peekskill, NY)
- 1989-1997: Leave of Absence
- 1998: Retired
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Robert J Brennan:
Fr. Robert J Brennan, a priest in the Archdiocese of New York, was named on the Archdiocese of New York’s 2019 List of Archdiocesan Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor or the Subject of Eligible IRCP Compensation Claims. The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including when and where the abuse occurred, are unknown.
According to the Archdiocese of New York, Brennan was removed from ministry in 1989. He died in 2008. No information was released on whether Brennan had access to children from 1989 until his death.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in New York State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of New York now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.