Father William T. Greene
Archdiocese of New York
- 1935-1939: Holy Cross Monastery (Mt. Calvary, WI)
- 1940-1942: St. Elizabeth (Milwaukee, WI)
- 1942-1945: Sacred Heart (Yonkers, NY)
- 1945-1948: St. Michael’s (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1948-1956: St. John’s (New York, NY)
- 1956-1958: Saint Anthony Friary (Hudson, NH)
- 1957: St. John the Baptist (New York, NY)
- 1959: Mary Immaculate Friary and House of Theology (Garrison, NY)
- 1959-1961: St. Francis of Assisi Chapel (Springfield, MA)
- 1961-1974: St. John’s (New York, NY)
- 1974-1979: St. Lawrence Friary (Milton, MA)
- 1980-1989: St. Lawrence Friary (Abington, MA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father William T Greene:
In a February 2004 lawsuit, Msgr. William T Greene was accused of sexually abusing a 13-year-old boy between 1956 and 1957, while Greene was assigned to St. Patrick’s Cathedral in New York City. The lawsuit alleges that Greene was the choir director at St. Patrick’s Cathedral when the plaintiff was a member of the choir. Greene allegedly took individual choir boys to his bedroom in the rectory to “inspect” the boys. The lawsuit further maintains that Greene fondled and masturbated the plaintiff.
A second man notified the Archdiocese of New York in 2009, stating that Greene had molested him as a choir boy at St. Patrick’s between 1954 and 1959, while Greene was the Archdiocese Music Director.
Greene is named on the Archdiocese of New York’s 2019 List of Archdiocesan Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor or the Subject of Eligible IRCP Compensation Claims.
Greene died in 1976.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in New York State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of New York now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.