Monsignor William B. O’Brien
Archdiocese of New York
Assigned as follows:
- 1951: St. Patrick’s (New York, NY)
- 1952-1956: Most Precious Blood (Walden, NY)
- 1957-1961: St. Patrick’s (New York, NY)
- 1962-1964: Our Lady of the Assumption (Bronx, NY)
- 1965-1966: St. Francis De Sales (New York, NY)
- 1967: Catholic Students’ Center at New York University (New York, NY)
- 1967-1969: Archdiocesan Office and Directors Education Secretary (New York, NY)
- 1970-1972: Commission on Parish Councils (New York, NY)
- 1972-2000: St. Brendan’s (Bronx, NY)
- 1992-2001: On Duty Outside of the Archdiocese
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Monsignor William B O’Brien:
Msgr. William B O’Brien’s name appeared on the Archdiocese of New York’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. The number of allegations made against O’Brien, as well as the details of the allegation(s), including when and where the abuse occurred, were not made public by the Archdiocese.
It is unclear if the allegation(s) was/were made in the context of the Archdiocese’s Independent Reconciliation and Compensation Program (IRCP) or if they were brought to the Archdiocese outside the context of the IRCP.
O’Brien retired in 2002 and died in 2014.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in New York State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of New York now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.