Father David Anderson
Archdiocese of Los Angeles
- 1969-1972: St. Dorothy (Glendora, CA)
- 1972-1973: St. John Vianney (Hacienda Heights, CA)
- 1973-1974: Mission San Juan Capistrano (San Juan Capistrano)
- 1975-1979: St. Dorothy (Glendora, CA)
- 1979-1982: Sacred Heart (Lancaster, CA)
- 1982: St. Elizabeth (Van Nuys, CA)
- 1982-1987: St. Athanasius (Long Beach, CA)
- 1987-1992: Sacred Heart (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1992-2013: Inactive Leave
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father David Anderson:
Father David Anderson was ordained a priest in 1969, and served in multiple parishes in the Diocese of Los Angeles. According to media reports, in 2015, he was accused of sexually abusing an 11-year-old altar boy between 1982 to 1986, which eventually led to rape when he was 12 and 13 years old.
Fr. Anderson died in 2013. His status as a priest, whereabouts, and whether he had access to children from 1992 until his death, is unknown. Fr. Anderson is listed on the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ updated 2018 List of Archdiocesan Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.