Father Charles O’Carroll
Archdiocese of Los Angeles
- 1922-1923: St. Joseph’s Orphanage Dunleary (Dublin, Ireland)
- 1923-1924: Church of the Precious Blood (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1924-1928: Sacred Heart (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1928: Immaculate Heart (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1928: St. Joseph’s (San Diego, CA)
- 1929: Unknown
- 1930-1935: St. Mary’s (Escondido, CA)
- 1935-1940: St. Malachy (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1940-1987: St. Stephen (Monterey Park, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Charles O’Carroll:
Fr. Charles O’Carroll was ordained to the priesthood for the Archdiocese of Dublin in 1922. He began serving in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in 1923, and was later incardinated into the Diocese three years later in 1929. According to media reports, in 2004, Fr. O’Carroll was named in a civil lawsuit claiming he allegedly sexually abused a minor from 1956 to 1958 when he worked at St. Stephen in Monterey Park. Fr. O’Carroll was included in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ 2004 list of priests accused of sexual misconduct involving minors.
He died in 1987.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.