Father Eugene MacSweeney
Archdiocese of Los Angeles
- 1927: St. John’s (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1928-1929: Unknown
- 1930: Divine Savor (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1931-1933: St. Joseph’s (Hawthorne, CA)
- 1934-1936: Incarnation (Glendale, CA)
- 1937-1938: Catholic Daughters of America (Glendale, CA)
- 1939-1940: Our Lady of Guadalupe (Fillmore, CA)
- 1941: Sacred Heart (Covina, CA)
- 1942: St. Sebastian (Santa Paula, CA)
- 1943: St. Joan of Arc (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1944-1949: Unknown
- 1950-1975: St. Joan of Arc (Los Angeles, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Eugene MacSweeney:
Fr. Eugene MacSweeney was ordained a priest in 1927, who served in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. According to media reports, he was accused of sexually abusing one minor in 1959, while he worked at St. Joan of Arc in Los Angeles. This abuse was the subject of a civil lawsuit filed in December 2003.
Fr. MacSweeney died in 1975. He was included in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ 2004 list of priests accused of sexual misconduct involving minors, as well as on the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston List Updated in December 2018.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.