Father George Gunst
Archdiocese of Los Angeles
Assigned as follows:
- 1951-1952 St. Leo (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1953-1954 St. Michael (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1955-1960 Nativity Catholic Church (El Monte, CA)
- 1961-1963 Resurrection Catholic Church (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1964-1964 St. Anne (Santa Monica, CA)
- 1965-1965 St. Alphonsus (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1966-1967 St. Charles Borromeo (North Hollywood, CA)
- 1968-1969 U.S. Navy Chaplain, Vietnam
- 1969 St. Anne (Santa Ana, CA)
- 1970-1971 St. John the Baptist (Baldwin Park, CA)
- 1972-1972 Sacred Heart (Pomona, CA)
- 1973-1974 St. Linus (Norwalk, CA)
- 1975-1978 St. Kevin (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1979-1990 On duty outside the Diocese, U.S. Navy Chaplain
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father George Gunst:
Father George Gunst was ordained a priest in 1950, who served in multiple parishes in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. According to media reports, in 2003, he was named in a lawsuit accusing him of child sexual abuse. He allegedly sexually abused a girl in 1955 while working at Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church and Nativity Catholic Church in El Monte. He retired in 1991 and died in May 1995.
His name was included in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ 2005 report addendum of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of minors.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in California State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Los Angeles and nationwide. We can help.