Father John Cosgrove
Archdiocese of Los Angeles (Extern)
- 1956-1960: St. Frances of Rome Catholic Church (Azusa, CA)
- 1961-1966: St. Agnes Catholic Church (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1962-1965: Bishop Conaty High School (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1966: Unknown
- 1967-1969: St. Bernadette Catholic Church (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1970: St. Brendan Catholic Church (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1970-1974: Santa Clara High School (Oxnard, CA)
- 1971-1974: St. Anthony Catholic Church (Oxnard, CA)
- 1975: St. Joseph Catholic Church (Pomona, CA)
- 1976-1989: St. Genevieve Catholic Church (Panorama City, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father John Cosgrove:
Fr. John Cosgrove was ordained a priest in 1955, and served in multiple parishes in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. According to media reports, in Fr. John Cosgrove was an extern priest from the Philippines working in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. Fr. Cosgrove was named and accused in a civil lawsuit for sexually abusing a minor between 1979 and 1980 at St. Genevieve Catholic Church in Panorama City, CA. His name was included on the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ 2004 list of priests accused of sexual misconduct involving minors. Fr. Cosgrove died in 1989 during his tenure in California.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.