Father Jose Mejia Gonzalez
Archdiocese of Los Angeles
- 1991-1995: St. Joseph (Hawthorne, CA)
- 1995: St. John Vianney (Hacienda Heights, CA)
- 1995: SS. Peter and Paul (Wilmington, CA)
- 1996-1997: St. Anthony (Oxnard, CA)
- 1997-1999: St. Emydius (Lynwood, CA)
- 2000-2001: Freeman Memorial Hospital (Inglewood, CA)
- 2001-2006: Providence Holy Cross Medical Center (Mission Hills, CA)
- 2006-2007: Sick Leave
- 2007: St. Philip Neri (Lynwood, CA)
- 2007-2009: St. Bernard (Los Angeles, CA)
- 2007-2009: Children’s Hospital (Los Angeles, CA)
- 2010: Our Lady of Guadalupe (El Monte, CA)
- 2009-2015: St. Philip Neri (Lynwood, CA)
- 1999-2001: St. Basil (Los Angeles, CA)
- 2015: Inactive Leave
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Jose Mejia Gonzalez:
Fr. Jose Mejia Gonzalez was ordained a priest in 1990, who served in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. According to media reports, in 2015, he was accused of child sexual abuse that occurred between 1983-1985. The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including where the alleged abuse occurred, or the victim’s age/gender, are unknown.
According to the Los Angeles Archdiocese, Fr. Mejia Gonzalez had his faculties removed in 2015. He was listed on the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ 2018 List of Archdiocesan Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.