Father Larry Lorenzoni
Archdiocese of Los Angeles (Salesians)
- 1951-1953: Salesian Missionary House/Prep Seminary (Richmond, CA)
- 1953-1955: St. Francis School for Boys (Watsonville, CA)
- 1956-1958: St. John Bosco High School (Bellflower, CA)
- 1959-1960: Don Bosco Tech High School (San Gabriel, CA)
- 1961-1962: St. Francis School for Boys (Watsonville, CA)
- 1963: Bishop Mora Salesian High School, Los Angeles, CA
- 1964-1966: St. Francis School for Boys (Watsonville, CA)
- 1967: Bishop Mora Salesian High School, Los Angeles, CA
- 1968: St. Francis Xavier (Carbondale, IL)
- 1971-1986: Salesian Provincial Residence (San Francisco, CA)
- 1987-1990: Salesian Foreign Missions
- 1993-1994: SS. Peter and Paul (San Francisco, CA)
- 1996-2017: Salesian Provincial Residence (San Francisco, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Larry Lorenzoni:
Born in Italy, Fr. Larry Lorenzoni was ordained a Salesian priest in 1951, who came to California in the late 1930s and served in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. According to media reports, in 2002, he was accused of sexually abusing a former student from 1957 to 1958 while serving at St. John Bosco High School in Bellflower, CA. He was named in a civil lawsuit against the Salesians in connection with the alleged abuse.
A few years later, another former student accused Fr. Lorenzoni of sexual abuse from 1959 to 1960, when the man attended seminary school in Watsonville, California. Fr. Lorenzoni lived in Rome, Italy, from 1985 to 1990.
Fr. Lorenzoni reportedly resided in the Salesian Provincial House in the Archdiocese of San Francisco after returning from Rome. He lived there until he died in 2017. Fr. Lorenzoni was included in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ list of priests accused of sexual misconduct involving minors.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.