Father Thomas O’Rourke
Archdiocese of Los Angeles (Jesuits)
- 1943-1944: Alma College (Alma, CA)
- 1944-1945: Manresa Hall (Port Townsend, WA)
- 1945-1949: Sacred Heart Novitiate (Los Gatos, CA)
- 1949-1956: Loyola University (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1956-1961: St. Ignatius (San Francisco, CA)
- 1961-1969: Loyola High School (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1969-1970: Sacred Heart Novitiate (Los Gatos, CA)
- 1970-1975: Jesuit Community at the University of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- 1975-1993: Brophy College Preparatory School (Phoenix, AZ)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Thomas O’Rourke:
Fr. Thomas O’Rourke was ordained a priest in 1943 who served in in multiple parishes in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. According to media reports, in was ordained a Jesuit priest and worked in San Francisco and Los Angeles CA, as well as in Phoenix, AZ. In 2003, Fr. O’Rourke was accused in a civil lawsuit of sexually abusing a child in 1968 at Loyola High School in Los Angeles, California. Fr. O’Rourke died in 1993.
Fr. O’Rourke was included in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ “Report to the People of God: Clergy Sexual Abuse Archdiocese of Los Angeles.” Fr. O’Rourke is also listed on the Jesuits West Province of the Society of Jesus’ List of Jesuits from Jesuits West Province with Credible Claims of Sexual Abuse of a Minor and listed on the Diocese of Phoenix’s List of priests and religious communities who have served in the Diocese of Phoenix and have been laicized and/or removed from ministry by their communities due to sexual misconduct with a minor.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.