Father Vincent Cavalli
Archdiocese of Los Angeles (Dominican)
- 1949-1955: Unknown (Worked in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco)
- 1956-1969: Daniel Murphy High School/St. John Vianney (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1969: Associate Director of CYO (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1969-1974: St. Dominic (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1974-1977: St. Raymond Retreat House (Thousand Oaks, CA)
- 1977-1983: St. Dominic’s, Pastor (San Francisco)
- 1983-2016: includes time in Diocese of Sacramento
- 1999 – retirement: St. Dominic’s (Benicia, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Vincent Cavalli:
Fr. Vincent Cavalli was ordained a Dominican priest in 1948, and served in multiple parishes in the Diocese of Los Angeles. According to media reports, in According to the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, Fr. Vincent “Vic” Cavalli was accused by at least one survivor alleging child sexual abuse from approximately 1966 to 1968. The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including where the alleged abuse occurred, or the victim’s age/gender, are unknown.
Fr. Cavalli left the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in December of 1977 and has been named in one civil lawsuit. Fr. Cavalli was included in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ list of priests accused of sexual misconduct involving minors. Fr. Cavalli died in February 2016. His status as a priest, his whereabouts, and whether he had access to children from 1978 to his death, are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.