Father James Dolan
Archdiocese of Los Angeles
- 1925: St. Joseph’s Church (San Diego, CA)
- 1926: St. John’s Church (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1927: Church of the Precious Blood (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1927: Assistant Director of the Catholic Welfare Bureau (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1928-1938: Unknown
- 1939: Cathedral Chapel (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1940-1949: Unknown
- 1950-1954: Cathedral Chapel (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1955-1972: Daniel Murphy Catholic High School (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1973: Retired in residence (Cathedral Chapel, Los Angeles, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Monsignor James Dolan:
Msgr. James Dolan was ordained in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and San Diego in 1925. He held several administrative positions throughout his career. He served as the director of the CYO (Catholic Youth Organization) for the Archdiocese for many years, and also headed the St. Vincent de Paul Society. According to the Archdiocese, he was accused of sexually abusing a child in 1962 and was named in a civil lawsuit. his name is listed on the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ List of Archdiocesan Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor. Msgr. Dolan died in 1974.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.