Monsignor Patrick O’Dwyer
Archdiocese of Los Angeles
- 1924: St. Boniface (Anaheim, CA)
- 1925: St. Mary Star of the Sea (San Pedro CA; St. Agnes, Los Angeles, CA)
- 1926-1928: St. James (Redondo Beach, CA)
- 1929-1931: St. Paul’s (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1932-1934: St. Bernard (Bellflower, CA)
- 1935-1938: St. Sebastian’s (West Los Angeles, CA)
- 1939-1947: Holy Name of Jesus (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1948-1971: St. Elizabeth’s (Van Nuys, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Msgr. Patrick O’Dwyer:
Msgr. Patrick O’Dwyer, a native from Ireland, was ordained a priest in 1924, who served in multiple parishes in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. According to media reports, in 2004, he worked at St. Elizabeth when he allegedly sexually abused a minor child in 1959. Msgr. O’Dwyer has been named in at least one civil lawsuit. He died in January 1971.
He is not the Patrick O’Dwyer currently working in the Archdiocese, who has never been accused of molestation. Monsignor O’Dwyer was included in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ 2004 list of priests accused of sexual misconduct involving minors.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.