Brother Finbar Kenneally
Archdiocese of Los Angeles (Franciscan Friars)
Assigned as follows:
- 1935 – 1941: Old Mission (San Luis Rey, CA)
- Summers 1939, 1940: Old Mission (Santa Barbara, CA)
- 1941 – 1942: (Toronto, Ontario, CANADA)
- 1942 – 1950: Old Mission (San Luis Rey, CA)
- 1950 – 1953 St. Joseph’s Hospital (Phoenix, AZ)
- 1953 – 1954: (Toronto, Ontario, CANADA)
- 1954 – 1977: Academy of American Franciscan History (Wash. DC)
- 1977 – 1991: St. Anthony’s (Santa Barbara, CA)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Brother Finbar Kenneally:
Brother Finbar Kenneally was a member of the Franciscan Friars, who served in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. According to media reports, in 1991 allegations were reported that he sexually abused a minor from 1962 to 1964. The details of the allegations, including where the abuse occurred, are unknown. He died in 1991. His name was included on the Santa Barbara Province Franciscan 2019 list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in California State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Los Angeles and nationwide. We can help.