Brother Bede McKinnon
Diocese of Oakland/Franciscans
- 1961-1963: St. Boniface (San Francisco, CA)
- 1963-1964: Old Mission (San Miguel, CA)
- 1964-1982: St. Elizabeth’s (Oakland, CA)
- 1982-1983: Serra Retreat (Malibu, CA)
- 1983-1985: Franciscan Renewal Center (Scottsdale, AZ)
- 1985-1991: St. Francis Retreat (San Juan Bautista, CA)
- 1991-1992: Old Mission San Luis Rey (Oceanside, CA)
- 1992: St. Francis Retreat (San Juan Bautista, CA)
- 1992-1994: Old Mission San Luis Rey (Oceanside CA)
- 1994: Franciscan Renewal Center (Scottsdale, AZ)
- 1994-1997: Old Mission San Luis Rey (Oceanside, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Brother Bede McKinnon:
Br. Bede McKinnon was a member of the Franciscan Friars of the Province of Saint Barbara. He was included in the Province of St. Barbara’s List of Franciscan Friars from the St. Barbara Province with credible claims of sexual abuse of a minor. According to this list, a report was made in 2010, alleging that McKinnon sexually abused a minor from 1978 to 1979, while he was serving at St. Elizabeth’s in Oakland, California.
McKinnon is also listed on the Diocese of Oakland’s 2019 list of credibly accused clergy of child sexual abuse.
McKinnon died in 1998.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Oakland in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in California, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Oakland now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at 888-283-9922 or [email protected] to discuss your options today.