Father John Shepherd
Archdiocese of Los Angeles (Jesuits)
Left Archdiocese: 1958
Assigned as follows:
- 1945-1948 Bellarmine College Preparatory (San Jose, CA)
- 1954-1955 Ryan Preparatory Junior Seminary (Fresno, CA)
- 1955-1956 Brophy College Preparatory (Phoenix, AZ)
- 1957-1958 Loyola High School (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1958-1958 The Jesuit Retreat House of Los Altos (Los Altos, CA)
- 1956-1958 Loyola High School (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1959-1991 Manresa Retreat House (Azusa, CA)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father John Shepherd:
Father John Shepherd was ordained a Jesuit priest in 1951, who served in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. He was assigned to Jesuit high schools in California and Arizona until he left the Archdiocese in 1958. According to media reports, his name appeared on the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ updated list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. It noted incidents of child sexual abuse in the 1970s or 1980s were reported. In December 2018, his name was also added to the Jesuits West Province list. It noted child sexual abuse incidents in 1978 and the 1980s, reported in 2007 and 2015.
Father Shepherd died in 1991.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in California State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Los Angeles and nationwide. We can help.