Father Arnold Custer
Diocese of San Jose (Jesuits)
- 1936-1939: Marquette High School (Yakima, WA)
- 1939-1943: Alma College (Los Gatos, CA)
- 1943-1944: Novitiate (Sheridan, OR)
- 1944-1945: St. Paul’s Mission (Hays, MT)
- 1945-1946: Manresa Hall (Port Townsend, WA)
- 1946-1950: St. Ignatius Mission (St. Ignatius, MT)
- 1950-1952: St. Thomas Church (Harlem, MT)
- 1952-1961: Sacred Heart Church (Seward, AK)
- 1961-1962: St. Anthony’s Church (Anchorage, AK)
- 1962-1966: St. Paul’s Mission (Hays, MT)
- 1966-1967: Benedictine Nursing Home (Mt. Angel, OR)
- 1967-1969: Mt. St. Joseph Nursing Home (Portland, OR)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Arnold Custer:
Fr. Arnold Custer was ordained a Jesuit priest in 1945 who served in multiple dioceses parishes including in the Diocese of San Jose. According to media reports, in 2018, he was included on the Great-Falls Billings list of priests credibly accused of child sexual abuse, as well as on the Jesuits West Province list. Very little is known of Custer’s allegations as the Order has not released any information about the year the abuse was reported, nor when it took place. In addition, information about the age/gender of his alleged victim/victims, the nature of the alleged sexual abuse, or Custer’s assignments at the time of the alleged abuse is unknown.
Fr. Custer died in 1969.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Jose in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Jose now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.