Father Eugene Pierre
Diocese of San Jose (Jesuits)
- 1956-1960: Alma College (Los Gatos, CA)
- 1961-1962: Manresa Hall (Port Townsend, WA)
- 1962-1965: Mt. St. Michael’s Scholasticate (Spokane, WA)
- 1965-1968: Seattle University (Seattle, WA)
- 1968-1973: Sacred Heart Church (Kabwe, Zambia)
- 1973-1974: Jesuit Provincial House (Portland, OR)
- 1974-1977: St. Mary’s Mission (Omak, WA)
- 1977-1979: St. Francis Xavier’s mission (Missoula, MT)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Eugene Pierre:
Fr. Eugene Pierre was ordained a Jesuit priest in 1959, who spent six years on a Jesuit Mission in Zambia, Africa. He also served in multiple parishes on the west coast including in the Diocese of San Jose. According to media reports, in 2011, his name was included on the Oregon Province’s list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse.
In 2018, Fr. Pierre’s name was also included on the Jesuits West Province list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse. It noted allegations that took place in 1962-1965, were reported in 2009. During the time of the alleged abuse, Fr. Pierre was assigned to Mount St. Michael’s in Spokane, Washington.
Fr. Pierre died in 1979.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Jose in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Jose now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.