Father Francis Fallert
Diocese of San Jose (Jesuits)
- 1952-1953: Alma College (Los Gatos, CA)
- 1953-1954: Manresa Hall (Port Townsend, WA)
- 1954-1956: St. Michael’s (St. Michael’s, AK)
- 1956-1965: Cooper Valley School (Glenallen, AK)
- 1958-1965: Holy Family (Glenallen, AK)
- 1965-1974: St. Joseph’s (Tununak, AK)
- 1974-1975: St. Catherine’s (Chefornak, AK)
- 1974-1975: Sacred Heart (Chefornak, AK)
- 1977-1982: Alaska Jesuit Superior’s Residence in Fairbanks
- 1982-1986: St. Lawrence’s (Mountain Village, AK)
- 1986-1987: Holy Family (Newtok, AK)
- 1987-1988: House of Prayer (Fairbanks, AK)
- 1988-1990: St. Joseph’s (Tununak, AK)
- 1988-1990: Holy Family (Newtok, AK)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Francis Fallert:
Fr. Francis Fallert was ordained a priest of the Oregon Province in 1952. Fallert spent most of his priesthood in Alaska, but served briefly in the Diocese of San Jose. According to media reports, in 2009, plaintiffs filed 43 suits against Jesuits and the former provincial alleging the order knew of abusive priests in Alaska and did nothing to stop them. One woman in the suit alleged child sexual abuse by Fallert at St. Michael’s in 1956-1957. Two or more pending claims were shown in the bankruptcy reorganization documents for the Diocese of Fairbanks. Fallert was listed as a priest that had complaints by more than one person.
In 2018, Fallert was included on the Jesuits West Province list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse. It noted allegations reported in 2009 in reference to abuse that took place in 1956-1957 and 1968-1972.
Fr. Fallert died in 1990.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Jose in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Jose now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.