Father Francis J. Ford
Diocese of Oakland
Assigned as follows:
- 1952-1953: St. Elizabeth’s (Oakland, CA)
- 1954-1959: U.S. Air Force
- 1960: St. Anthony’s (San Francisco, CA)
- 1961-1962: St. Elizabeth’s (Oakland, CA)
- 1963-1964: Ascension (Portland, Oregon)
- 1965-1966: St. Paul of the Shipwreck (San Francisco, CA)
- 1967-1968: St. Luke’s (Woodburn, Oregon)
- 1969: St. Apollinaris (Napa, CA)
- 1970-1972: St. Rose’s (Santa Rosa, CA)
- 1973: St. John the Baptist (Napa, CA)
- 1974-1976: Napa State Hospital (Napa, CA)
- 1977-1985: Unknown
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Francis J Ford:
Fr. Francis J Ford, (aka John E. Ford) began his career in 1951 in Oakland, served in the U.S. Air Force and was posted as a priest in San Francisco, Santa Rosa, Portland, OR, and Astoria, OR. According to media reports, in May 2002, he was accused of repeatedly molesting a 12-year old altar boy over a period of approximately two years, starting in the early 1960s. The abuse allegedly took place in Portland, where he was a parish priest at Ascension, and during a trip to the Seattle World’s Fair.
In a press release, the victim said, “I have been freed from my silence by the courage of the other men and women who have come forward to disclose their abuse by a priest.”
Ford died at the Old Santa Barbara Mission in 1985.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Oakland. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in California State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Oakland now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Oakland and nationwide. We can help.