Father Joseph Obersinner
Diocese of San Jose (Jesuits)
- 1957-1958: Alma College (Los Gatos, CA)
- 1958-1959: Manresa Hall (Port Townsend, WA)
- 1959-1971: St. Mary Indian Mission (Omak, WA)
- 1971-1981: St. Ignatius Mission (St. Ignatius, MT)
- 1982-1984: St. Joseph (Omak, WA)
- 1984-1989: St. Luke (Woodburn, OR)
- 1989-1991: St. Francis Xavier (Missoula, MT)
- 1992-1997: Sacred Heart (Tillamook, OR)
- 1997-1998: Sacred Heart (DeSmet, ID)
- 2001-2015: Spokane Regis Community (Spokane, WA)
- 2015-2018: Sacred Heart Jesuit Center (Los Gatos, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Joseph Obersinner:
Fr. Joseph Obersinner was ordained a priest of the Oregon Province in 1957, who served in multiple dioceses, including in the Diocese of San Jose. According to media reports, in 2015, Obersinner’s name was included on the Diocese of Helena list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse. It noted that he was accused of sexual abuse of at least one minor. In 2001, Obersinner retired to the Spokane Regis Community in Spokane, Washington until 2015. He then moved to the Sacred Heart Jesuit Center in Los Gatos, California until his death in 2018.
In 2018, Obersinner was also included on the Jesuits West Province list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse. Information about the age/gender of his alleged victim/victims, the nature of the alleged sexual abuse, or Obersinner’s assignments at the time of the alleged abuse is unknown. The year the accusation was reported or when the abuse took place is not listed.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Jose in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Jose now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.