Father Milton Eggerling
Diocese of San Jose (Diocese of Oakland) (Diocese of Sioux Falls)
- 1954-1958: St. Joseph Cathedral (Sioux Falls, SD)
- 1958-1959: Corpus Christi (St. Paul, MN)
- 1959-1960: Bishop Ryan High School (Minot, ND)
- 1959-1960: St. Therese the Little Flower (Minot, ND)
- 1960-1961: University of Minnesota Newman Hall (Minneapolis, MN)
- 1961-1962: St. George (Harford, SD)
- 1961-1962: St. Joseph (Huntimer, SD)
- 1962-1965: St. Magdalen (Lennox, SD)
- 1962-1963: St. Edward (Worthing, SD)
- 1965-1967: St. Agatha (Howard, SD)
- 1965-1967: Deans and Council of Vigilance (Sioux Falls, SD)
- 1967-1970: Roncali Central Catholic High School (Aberdeen, SD)
- 1970-1971: St. Felicitas (San Leandro, CA)
- 1971-1973: Corpus Christi (Piedmont, CA)
- 1973-1978: St. Louis (Austin, Texas)
- 1974-1978: Austin State Hospital (Austin, TX)
- 1978-1979: School for the Deaf
- 1979-1983: Providence Hospital (Oakland, CA)
- 1983-1984: St. Augustine (Oakland, CA)
- 1984-1987: Our Lady of the Rosary (Palo Alto, CA)
- 1987-1988: On Special Assignment
- 1988-1991: Parroquia Santiago Apostol En Comas (Lima, Peru)
- 1991-1993: St. Patrick (Rodeo, CA)
- 1993-2008: St. Stephen (Boston, MA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Milton Eggerling:
Fr. Milton Eggerling was ordained a priest for the Diocese of Sioux Falls in 1954. He served in multiple archdioceses and dioceses including St. Paul-Minneapolis, Bismarck ND, Oakland CA, Austin TX, Lima Peru via the Boston-based Society of St. John the Apostle, and in the Diocese of San Jose. According to media reports, in 2016, he was accused in a lawsuit for sexually abusing a former altar server when he was 11-years-old in the 1970s. The alleged abuse continued for five years while Eggerling was assigned to St. Louis parish in Austin. The victim, who was from a broken home was groomed by the priest who plied the boy with alcohol and took him on trips.
In 2019, Eggerling was included on the Diocese of Austin’s and the Diocese of Sioux Fall’s list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse.
He died in 2008.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Jose in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Jose now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.